Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thru snow, and floods and fog...

I remember thinking back in mid-November about how nice and mild winter was behaving so far. Ha!! I certainly had that thought thrown back in my face! Between the 2 feet of snow, the record flooding and now the thick soupy fog we have...well...I'm ready for spring!! Of course, it didn't help going to Phoenix last week for the latest professional photographer's convention. That was some nice 75 degree weather!

The convention was, as usual, a terrific event. I go every year and every year I learn more secrets, more tricks and discover new and fun products to bring home and incorporate into the business. This year, I'm bringing in a new lighting system to play with. It will give me a terrific continuous light to photograph with. No strobes popping off in your face! :) It's not something I'll use for everyone, but it will certainly have it's place in the studio.

The newest lab products this year are metal prints. Yes, I'm talking brushed metal! They are incredible!! Shiny with a terrific metal sheen to it, I think this will be fabulous for senior portraits with cars, water or other shiny objects in it. It'll probably be another month or so before we're ready to get a sample in the studio to show it off but there will be some major wow factor when you first see it.

Hmmm, did I mention I got to see Anne Geddes? :) That was by far the highlight of the trip. She's incredible! How she does her photography in her studio and how she got started; she is the reason we all have so much fun photographing babies now.

One last thing, I'll be posting some announcements on the website and blog, as well as sending out some info early February about a new addition we've got going here. In the meanwhile, anyone interested in a free session to come in and model for an hour or so in the camera room? Anyone is welcome, young and old, families or a baby, maternities or high schoolers. All sessions are free for this offer and there's no order minimums or anything like that. We're trying out some new lighting, backgrounds and equipment and we're just looking for some people to come in and let us experiment. The calendar is filling up and I'll only offer this thru the end of the month (I think there's 3 or 4 openings left right now). Give me an email or call if you're interested!

No comments: