Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2010-The Year of Challenges!

Well, it's January 20th and I can already tell this year is going to be a roller coaster! New year, new challenges, and it didn't even wait until January 1st for the first one! How fair is that??

I received an email from the company that hosts my website that said they were going to be moving files over to a new server, I might experience downtime on my site for a few hours. No big deal, I thought, it's between Christmas and New Years, it's pretty quiet. HA!! I FINALLY have my website back!! Can you believe that? It was offline for at least 2 weeks! And when I did have a website back, it was the old one I replaced last year! Amazing. And not in a good way. lol, can you tell I'm still fried about it? So, I've been website shopping lately. I think I found a solution I'm liking, hopefully I'll get some chances to get it working so you may be seeing some online changes in the next couple of months.

On a fun note, I got back from Imaging last week. Imaging is the national photography convention show put on by PPA (Professional Photographer's of America). I go every year, it's my chance to unwind after the crazy holiday season, play with new products, maybe pick up a new idea tidbit and hang out with all my friends I only get to see once a year. This year it was in Nashville (the show moves every year to a different city, one of the AWESOME perks!) and oh man, it was COLD!! It never got above 25! Thankfully we were in what we ended up calling "The Bubble": A convention center with thousands of hotel rooms, restaurants, shops, etc. Unfortunately they didn't seem too well prepared to deal with the influx of 10,000 photographers. The wait times for food were incredible and the coffee line? Not pretty.

I'll be spinning off a new division of my business shortly. If you go to the Northwest Women's Show this year you'll be able to find out what it is. Currently it's not something that I'll be advertising, it's more word of mouth, but I guarantee it'll be FUN! (this is one of those challenges as mentioned above...new branding, website, samples, eek!)

And in the roller coaster category for the start of the year is the amazing, energetic, excited addition to the Serendipity team...Jeanene Court! Hold on to your hats everyone! She's an amazing whirlwind of ideas and action. You'll start to see her effect in a month or so. I'm excited to see what we accomplish this year with her onboard.

So, to wrap up, this is going to be a crazy year full of possibly painful but worthwhile changes. It'll be aggravating, exhilarating, laughable and a whirlwind.

BRING IT ON, I'M READY!! :)

No comments: